What I’m doing now
- I’m reading Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life by Héctor García and Francesc Miralles. I plan on writing about this book—as well as other elements of Ikigai. It’s reaffirmed a lot of life decisions I’ve made so far. It’s pleasing to see how aligned my life is to that of Ikigai. I’m excited to promote this book and its concepts wherever I can! I’ve linked to the book on Amazon, as I recommend you read it in print.
- I recently built and designed the foundation of Strong’s web app. We’re using the MEVN stack—MongoDB, Express, Vue, and Node.
- Strong 5 is now out on iOS! I worked on the entire UI and created the Strong Design Language, which we adopted in this version. It’s a set of guidelines and principles that help us distill our thoughts, and apply them with a high fit and finish.
- I’m applying the Strong Design Language to our Android product.
- I’m writing a lot more. I have a handful of development notes that I want to rewrite into publishable pieces here. It’s my hope that they might be helpful others out there.
- I’m working on my own product—for iOS. It’s in the mental health area, and focuses on helping you build a more mindful life. I’ve shared the product and business model with a few folks I respect. I included prototypes and early builds, and I’ve gotten promising feedback.
This update was on Friday, 29 June 2018.